Entry level AIS Transponder with industry standard NMEA0183 interface and internal GPS antenna that makes installation aboard smaller fibreglass (GRP) boats much quicker and easier
The AIT1500 is an ultra-compact Class B Transponder with two outputs; NMEA 0183 and USB, allowing it to work with the majority of existing and legacy AIS compatible chart plotters or computer software packages on the market today. Featuring a remote silence button option, two NMEA 0183 Inputs and Outputs, integral USB cable, four status LEDs and a new rugged ABS plastic enclosure, the AIT1500 is the perfect small boat AIS transponder.
Configuration of your vessel’s fixed data, such as MMSI, call sign, boat name, dimensions etc. is made easy with the included Windows and Mac compatible proAIS2 software*. Once configured, the unit will provide AIS data to a PC or Mac running suitable navigation software or a dedicated chart plotter, such as the latest Garmin, Raymarine, Navico, Standard Horizon and Furuno units.
As well as transmitting your own vessel’s position so that other AIS equipped vessels know where you are, the AIT1500, when connected to an existing VHF antenna (via a splitter) or dedicated AIS antenna, will receive all AIS targets within range of your boat – typically up to 30NM.
For optimum AIS performance on sailing yachts, we recommend our SPL1500 Splitter featuring “Zero Loss” technology which allows you to use your boat’s existing VHF antenna at the top of the mast for maximum range.
* Except US where dealer programming required
NOTE – AIS target range, like VHF range is dependent upon a number of installation factors such as; antenna gain, antenna height and size of ground plane. Ranges in excess of 20 miles should be possible if all of these factors are perfect.
- Class B AIS transponder with NMEA 0183 interface
- Shares the same latest generation AIS technology as our AIT2000 and AIT3000 units
- Internal GPS antenna for easy installation on fibreglass (GRP) hulled boats
- Built-in high performance 50 channel GPS receiver (ideal also as a backup GPS)
- USB Interface for simple plug and play connection to a PC or Mac
- High speed NMEA output (38,400 baud) – compatible with industry standard plotters
- Low Speed NMEA output (4,800 baud) – for providing GPS data to DSC VHF radio
- Low Speed NMEA Input (4,800 baud) – for multiplexing additional NMEA0183 data
- Requires VHF antenna or dedicated AIS antenna (available as optional accessory) or splitter (SPL1500)
- Remote Silence Switch option
- Supplied with programming software for user programming*
- Easy to install black box solution