Harken Performa Self Tailing Winch
*** We are offering Harken winches at 15% discount whilst stocks last. This is an excellent price and not available anywhere else in the UK ***
Harken Performa winches combine the ultra efficiency of the Radial range with the sandblasted grip of Harken carbon-fibre racing winches to create an extremely powerful hybrid regatta performance version.
The Performa range is optimised to handle the high-tech line used on racing yachts and performance cruisers.
Performa winches are a great solution for yachts that don't justify the expense of carbon winches or that do require racing winches in smaller sizes.
The drum’s gripping surface is shaped for each winch size and drum material and features diagonal ribs (rather than textured abrasive materials) to maximise gripping power and greatly reduce line wear. Thus, Harken winches feature an improved gripping surface on the drum.
The ribbing effectively maximises the gripping power of the drum, but also greatly reduces wear and abrasion on the rope. When easing the line, the angle of the ribs stops the rope turns from rising, preventing overrides and providing a smooth controlled release as the line exits the winch.
- Exceptional strength to weight ratio
- Outstanding durability and reliability pedigree
- Robust, but weight saving composite self-tailing jaws and winch skirt
- Reduced friction under load from composite roller bearings
- Low maintenance - composite bearings do not require lubrication
- 17-4PH super strength stainless steel load bearing gears
- Excellent overall corrosion resistance and endurance