Solar Panel Cable
Buy electrical cable for solar panel installation Online UK.
The cables used for wiring the DC section of a grid-connected wind or PV system need to be selected to ensure that they can withstand the environmental, voltage and current conditions at which they may be expected to operate, including the heating effects of both current and sun.
Double insulated single core cable for use together with polarized weatherproof DC connectors to allow fast, easy connection of solar modules, speeding installation time and eliminating wiring errors.
Special tools are required for crimping the connectors to the cable.
Two Brands, Two Options
Multi-Contact Flex-Sol Cable
MultiContact: guaranteed for use with their connectors.
Single-pole, double insulated solar cable with fine-wire copper strand. The robust, flexible and space-saving design of FLEX-SOL ensures constant electrical and mechanical properties during the whole life of the PV installation.
- Approvals: TÜV certified according to the latest regulations; UL approval in preparation
- Conductor: Wire class 5, in accordance to DIN VDE 0295
- Insulation: polyolefin copolymer, chemically linked; inner insulation: natural
- Temperature range: -40°C to +120°C (permanent)
- Resistance to environmental influences: UV, ozone and hydrolysis-resistant
- 4 sq mm cable has 5.4mm outside diameter; 6 sq mm is 6.00mm.
Eland Cables Photovoltaic Solar PV1-F Cable
This TÜV approved solar PV (photvoltaic) cable is specifically designed for use in solar PV systems. Suitable for internal, external installions and conduit systems. Design life of 25+ years.
Class 5 flexible tinned copper conductor according to DIN VDE 0295, BS EN/IEC 60228
Halogen-free cross-linked compound
Halogen-free cross-linked, flame retardant compound