Learn about and buy the phenomenal Ultra Anchor at Pro Marine Store. Beautiful design, manufacture and execution. Those who know, know.
Hand-made from 316L and 318NL Duplex (shank) stainless steel and hand polished. Ultra Anchors demonstrate the importance of correct weight distribution and design when setting and recovering an anchor. In fact, invert any Ultra Anchor and it will instantly recover itself into the attack position. Such performance has been achieved thanks to the innovative patented features displayed below. Each anchor is easily recoverable due to the flat pivot surface on the underside base.
Ultra Anchors are suitable for all vessel types and can be securely located on the bow roller. Standard anchor sizes range from 5 kg to 360 kg (larger anchors on request). Using Europe's best materials and fabricated by specialist engineers, Ultra Anchors are supplied with a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects under normal conditions and use.
Even under the most extreme load the shank reinforced eye will not bend, break or fail.
316L STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION
The anchor features one-piece construction and has no openings or indentations to catch mud, rocks or weeds.
The glossy 316L and 318LN Duplex (shank only) - gauge stainless steel is easy to clean and polish. Ultra Marine Anchor provides years of corrosion-free service, without the need to re-galvanise.
- Hollow Shank: Enables weight to be concentrated on anchor tip.
- Tubular Construction: Anchor cannot lie on its spine and recovers instantly to the attack position. Anchor will also load correctly into the bow roller.
- Lead Filled Tip: Lead is inserted into the anchor tip, achieving the optimal weight distribution and ensuring the anchor will penetrate unfavourable bottom conditions.
- Scratch-Catch Point: Especially, it is positioned at bottom. It prevents dragging and provides instant set when anchor moves.
- Curved Tip: Importantly, the anchor tip is shaped downwards, ensuring a continuous setting under unfavourable weather conditions. Its angles on the other hand let it help anchor instant set even the anchor is not at the right attack position.
- Max Holding Power Base: The concave base/fluke has the appearance of a shovel and has extreme holding power with a grater surface area than conventional style anchors. The result is more secure, higher holding power anchor that will not release.
- Reinforced Eye: Even under the most extreme load the shank’s reinforced eye will not bend, break or fail.
- Flat Underside: Once you begin to recover the anchor from the sea floor, it pivots itself on the flat section and begins to release (boat should be directly over anchor).
- Side Wing Plates: The Ultra Anchor does not release in a changing wind or tide, it performs a complete 180 degree rotation (while still buried) on its own length and holds firm. On the other hand, it helps easy transport and a continuous geometry on bow rollers.
- Non Chain-Foul Bar: Often chain can foul around the shank of the anchor, resulting in the anchor not able to set. The clever design features of the non chain-foul bar ensures chain simply cannot wrap around the shank and provides the ability to attach a trip line. On the other hand, it helps easy transport and a continuous anchor geometry on bow rollers.
- Anchor Weight Detail: The anchor weight is stamped into the shank and identifies the anchor size in both kg’s and Ibs.
- Serial Number: Every Ultra Anchor is stamped with a unique serial number, ensuring your anchor is always identifiable.